Although all Android-based apps can be found at Google Play Store, if you happened to live in a non-supported country, you cannot enjoy downloading the apps added with compatibility issues on the versions of Android OS you are using whether it is only for Gingerbread or the latest Ice Cream Sandwich.
However, developers from XDA Developers was able to fix the issue on country restrictions but developing a tweaked Google Play app that removes country limitations for apps that does not have the restriction built in and is just limited for download for supported countries.
XDA member Deeco7 was able to put together an .apk file for a modified Google Play Store that removes this annoying restriction and you will be able to download any app provided it is compatible with your Android device and its OS version.
Deeco7 posted the Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD .apk file that is compatible to Android v2.2 OS and above that features a faster Google Play Store app than its 3.5.15 version, fix for the frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2, works faster even on slower data speeds, and a slight UI interface in the “My Apps” section.
For reference I have copied the the post from XDA for easy viewing.
For non-modded version:
- Download the apk from the links
- Put the apk on the phone ,don’t use adb install *.apk in won’t work it will say it already exists
- Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
- It will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
- Wait for install and voila you have the new market
- NOTE:this method replaces the old market.
For Modded version:
- ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven’t rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
- You will need to Download ‘Root Explorer’ and mount as ‘R/W’ or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don’t already have it installed.
- Go to ‘/system/app/’ and backup the ‘Vending.apk’ (Gingerbread) or ‘Phonesky.apk’ (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
- Check if you have either ‘Vending.apk’ or ‘Phonesky.apk’ and delete it.
- Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to ‘/system/app/’ and rename it the same as your backup version.
- Change the Permission to ‘rw-r–r–’
- NOW, Reboot your phone!
Download File Links
Google Play Store v3.5.16 (Vending-3.5.16.apk) – http://www.mediafire.com/?3jq1xkcp4q4xq0t
Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD (Vending-3.5.16-mod.apk) – http://www.mediafire.com/?3pt8m3jvfnnbytm
Non modded Android phones were reported to have success in installing the new Google Play .apk but some who are already modded have difficulty in installing or encountering some errors. It is adviced to check the source XDA forum for similar issues raised there for your reference.
It is also important to get backup first of your phone data and application settings, since I will not be responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.
via XDA Developers